Owner, Michael Wright, misrepresented the quality of his work through his website.He worked only 2 hours a day even when given a deadline for my bathroom remodel.

He was in way over his head, despite having a detailed project description which included plumbing, framing, electrical work and, of course, his tile work. I have pictures to anyone who wants to see them about the poor quality of his work.

I paid him $1500 in advance (my mistake) and he has not made any refund to me. I have two handicapped children and want my money back.

Do not use this company and do not give this individual any advance money.

Had an Experience with Independent Tile?

Comments

After many years i cant believe people still talking about him, this men (because he is not a contractor at all or tile installer)he claims to have 12 years of experience on what not as tile setter he rip off people wallets he knows, nothing about tile installation, he don't even have tools.

please people don't trust him at all

I too have been a victim.I don't know why I didn't look on line, but I had the same experience...

Michael basically ruined our bathroom project and we will have to pay not only to tear out what he did incorrectly but will have to buy new tile and start over. Nothing was level, nothing was spaced properly and while he claimed to know all about drains and pans, it's installed all wrong.

Tile Setter, you might have had a good experience, but funny how most here are saying the same thing... very unprofessional and misleading.

I will not stop here, in this economy, getting ripped off is just wrong. I love how you say "owners refusing to pay".. wow..

I have always paid fairly - I don't like to be treated unfairly.I have pictures and emails to prove it as well.

NEVER USE MICHAEL FROM INDEPENDENT TILE.He may quote cheaper, but he doesn't know what he is doing.

He doesn't have the proper equipment, he doesn't have the right amount of experience to do the jobs, he doesn't lay the tile level (he probably doesn't even have a level). He doesn't have a wet saw - he basically uses a dremel to cut the tile. He has no clue how to fix the plumbing issues that arise when you lay tile.

He is not professional and I would second this opinion.Do not waste your money.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. As for how deadlines go, with any construction business, deadlines are not definitive as there are bumps in the roads lots of times from unexpected problems in the houses that were not given at the beginning.

I have worked with this business (as I have my own) on side contractor jobs and have always had professional work done so I am not sure why you had such a problem.But in case you did not know, the money is required up front from most all businesses to make sure that we do not get screwed over in the end by owners refusing to pay.

If you break contracts, then you do not get the money back. It's called a deposit, just like you have with many things nowadays. As for your children, I am sorry they are handicapped, but you should not use them on a site like this to try to get pity.

That is just wrong.But in either case, Michael Wright has always done great work from what I have seen and I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone.